Amathea offers educational classes for women and girls with minority backgrounds or immigrant backgrounds.
The goal of these classes is to provide women and girls with greater knowledge of their bodies and rights.
Our collaboration partners include reception centres for asylum-seekers, adult education, crisis centres/shelters, introduction classes, NAV, refugee services and the Red Cross.
Topics for our classes include:
- Women’s health
- Contraception and family planning
- The Norwegian healthcare system
- Your rights
We adapt the content of our classes to suit the participants, the intended length of instruction, and our collaboration with you.
The goal of the classes is to:
- prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortions, and to improve family planning through knowledge, birth control counselling and access to contraception
- increase knowledge and improve the capacity to take action in areas such as sexual/reproductive health and rights, with particular focus on knowledge of one’s own body and autonomy
- increase knowledge and encourage reflection on negative social control, domestic violence and harmful traditions
- increase knowledge of the Norwegian healthcare system to ensure a greater opportunity to take care of oneself and one’s family
- contribute to a good integration process, including focus on education and work
Would you like us to arrange classes for you?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 90 65 90 60.